Allow users to turn off Global Announcements in Dashboard

0 Likes

Sometimes, a student and faculty members Dashboard becomes bloated with Global Announcements. Since Global Announcements can be seen in the account view, it would be good to allow users the option to stop them from showing as notifications on the Dashboard.

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

Tags (2)
3 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi!

I'm curious to hear a little more. Often, Global Announcements house some really important information. If a user turns them off, I can foresee some issues. 

However, I do understand that the admin is often the person creating the announcements. Since they are the author, it may feel redundant to see them published at the top when they can view the archive at any time. Maybe a direction would be to allow it to be a setting for the admin role or something included in the permission settings. 

As for teachers and students, do they close out announcements after they're read? Those aren't supposed to return to the top of the dashboard. They can then review any dismissed announcements if needed.

How do I use the Dashboard as a student? 

How do I view the Global Announcements page as a student? 

I look forward to collaborating! 🐼

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi! I'm checking in! We know life can get busy, yet if we don't hear from you by February 14th, we will archive this thread so we can better focus on current requests. If you need more time, that's okay too! Providing an update before that time would be helpful and appreciated.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived