Alt-text doesn't seem to always follow material imports

0 Likes

Hi,

Alt-text doesn't seem to always follow material imports.  Is this a known issue?  Images below/attached to illustrate.  One, the one with alt text, is from a course we are using as a template, and the other is from an enrollment-live course shell into which the template material has been imported.

--

Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 11.18.08 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-27 at 11.18.13 AM.png

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

Tags (2)
6 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @JACOBSEN_C -

Based on what I found in Known Issues, this is not documented. Have you worked with Canvas Support? I'm curious to know if this is working as intended or if something isn't quite working correctly. 

If you have connected with Support, let the Community know! We'll move forward with this idea based on what you learn by collaborating with them. Thanks!

JACOBSEN_C
Community Contributor

We did reach out to support, and as we looked at it the instructor who reported the issue had added alt text to the images in the destination course.  Shot ourselves in the foot there.  We'll try again when we see it again, I guess.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @JACOBSEN_C -

Thank you for taking the time to share the update! We will leave this in our Moderating status for a couple of weeks so it's easy to revive.

I may also do a little exploring myself. (I can see this being a big issue, especially if/when institutions duplicate from a template they know meets accessibility standards.) I look forward to collaborating!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @JACOBSEN_C - It's been a couple of months so I'm checking in. What would you like the Community Team to do with this Idea proposal? Were you able to save examples and work with Support? I look forward to hearing from you!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @JACOBSEN_C - I know we've been watching this proposal for some time! If we can't determine this Idea's need (vs. bug) by May 17, let's Archive it. We can always collaborate and reopen (or resubmit) it in the future. 🐼

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived