Annotate from tablet/iPad with stylus/pencil

0 Likes
(3)

Being able to annotate while using the iPad would be ideal. Downloading a .jpg, .png, etc, Making annotations and uploading it back onto Canvas is a pain. The annotation tools are great for a keyboard and mouse, but I bought an iPad to annotate student work in a Math class. This should include both for assignments and quizzes.

Tags (1)
6 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi! With the Canvas Teacher app, using a stylus is awesome! I especially enjoy annotating using my Apple Pencil. Have you installed the Canvas Teacher app on your device?

professorhoke
Community Participant

A big point is: this needs to be available for both Quizzes and Assignments. It is not possible to use Annotations with student file submissions in Quizzes, even when using the Canvas App. 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@professorhoke 

Currently teachers cannot add annotations to files uploaded to quizzes either through the web browser or the Canvas Teacher app, so the prerequisite idea that would need to be implemented is SpeedGrader should open pdfs in DocViewer for quiz... - Canvas Community . A related idea to which you might want to add your comments and rating is the topic of conversation at New Quizzes: Allow annotated feedback in Speedgrad... - Canvas Community 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Thanks for sharing those ideas, @Stef_retired !

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived