Announcement option in Groups

0 Likes
(2)

We are finding that students are adding inappropriate content to teacher sites by going to Groups and clicking the +Announcement button in the top right corner. Is there a way to prevent students from doing that? In the Settings for the class, I see that we can prevent student from attaching files to discussions or from even creating discussion topics. Why is there not an option to prevent students from creating announcements?

5 Comments
MicheleMeservey
Community Member

It would be beneficial for K-12 schools to have the ability to shut off student-created announcements and discussions in student groups.  We have students posting inappropriate content using both announcement and discussions in Student Groups.  

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

ZombieTortuga
Community Member

I'm having a similar issue and am frustrated because I want the ability to have groups but not let them post announcements because a few students are using this and posting inappropriate things. It would be amazing to "mute" a single student's ability to post announcements in the group pages.  

knoxd
Community Participant
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived