Apply Status [missing, late, excused] while in Speedgrader

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the  Canvas Release Notes (2021-10-16) .

With the new Gradebook, you can apply one of these status items to an assignment:

302758_pastedImage_1.png

Our professors would like the ability to toggle different status markers while they are in Speedgrader.

105 Comments
kristin_barr
Community Participant

Yes, please add this feature AND the function for the MISSING label to be removed when an assignment is either turned in or graded.

garverk
Community Member

I wholeheartedly agree with this idea. It's a pain to have to go back to the Grade book to remove a late penalty.

MrsDish
Community Member

Yes, PLEASE! We should have control over every aspect of the gradebook from inside SpeedGrader, or SpeedGrader becomes significantly less "speedy."

julie_mills
Community Member

I can't tell you how much I despise leaving Speedgrader, trying to locate assignments in a crowded gradebook, and then having to change a students' "late" marking to "none" if they were absent, receive extended time, or have special circumstances.  I have courses with 40-70 students and finding these singleton grades to fix in gradebook takes forever.  And then I'm out of my speedgrader workflow.  PLEASE just double these in the Speedgrader.  Then it would be, you know... speedy.  

jamin_hoffman
Community Explorer

Maybe there's something that I can't see for some reason, but I would really like to be able to mark students assignments "missing" or "excused" from within Speedgrader.  I can do this from the box in Grades, but not in Speedgrader (unless, as I said, there's something in my school's specific configuration that is hiding this).  It seems from previous Idea Conversations that this once existed, but I can't see it, now.

ctarbet
Community Explorer

Another vote from me.

1. Change Assignment Status in SpeedGrader
  2. Automatically remove late penalty on regrading (resubmission)
RobDitto
Community Champion

@ctarbet , in case you haven't already see it, please consider rating or commenting on this separate idea:

ctarbet
Community Explorer

@RobDitto , Thanks! Hopefully, someone merges both of them.

d_truax
Community Member

Yes have option in speed grader or have hot keys for the "default" comments, M missing, ex exempt, L late

MrWilliams
Community Explorer

Support, support, support!