Apply Status [missing, late, excused] while in Speedgrader

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the  Canvas Release Notes (2021-10-16) .

With the new Gradebook, you can apply one of these status items to an assignment:

302758_pastedImage_1.png

Our professors would like the ability to toggle different status markers while they are in Speedgrader.

105 Comments
jon_hoekstra
Community Explorer

Absolutely. Everything should be in one place (Speedgrader) or in both places. I don't know how to upvote, but if my comment upvotes, great. I don't understand why these things are not obvious and implemented immediately. Are there ANY experienced instructors in the team that designs and codes stuff in Canvasland?

mahein
Community Member

This would save so much time and so many headaches! I only grade through speed grader. If I have an assignment as an external tool it doesn't show any status whatsoever. And if I have an assignment that has a text box for students working at home but a "show me in class" option for students doing in-person learning it marks everything missing even after I give them a grade. I would love to be able to mark down their grade and that the assignment was submitted all at the same time. As is, I have to go to the gradebook and mark each and every assignment. It is very tedious. I would love status options in speed grader!

jmebradford
Community Member

We are currently able to mark EX in the assignment column.  Can we please have the option to mark M for missing or L for late.  

eric1_dykes
Community Member

It would be nice and helpful if you could make changes to student's assignment status in Speedgrader.

The same status changes that are available in the grade function: Late, Exempt, None, etc... should be available in speedgrader per individual student.

Thank you.

LoriBurson
Community Member

Agree!  In order to excuse latework, you must leave speedgrader, search the gradebook for that particular assignment, then click. Doesn't make sense.  All teachers would appreciate it.  Assigning a grade in a gradebook should not take more than a few seconds once the work has been graded.  

Also, I would love to be able to excuse latework while grading from the iPad.  

Thank you.  

DeletedUser
Not applicable

Yes please from 2021.

HeatherCurtaz
Community Member

Can you please allow us to change the status directly in the speed grader feature as opposed to having to go back into the gradebook to change it after scoring all the assignments.  It requires me to remember the names of the students I need to change.  Doesn't seem like a big deal, but very time consuming.

Thank you!

Heather Curtaz

Instructor

petern
Community Contributor

Great idea. Especially if a student has handed in a paper copy and you can easily clear the missing label. 

KarenHolm
Community Novice

This is a much needed feature! It's several steps to have to go back to grades and click, click and click. Please update so we can streamline the process. Thanks

jamin_hoffman
Community Explorer

Just another upvote (again) for this idea, which is way past due!