Assessment Comments: Comment Bank

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

I would like to build up a comment bank within Canvas when filling in the "assessment comments" box when giving feedback on work/using rubrics so I can save and reuse comments that could apply to multiple students - a pull down box or something connected to the assessment box that I can simply click on to select the comment rather than saving to a separate document and then cutting and pasting. The more efficient the better!

7 Comments
khahn1
Community Participant

This is definitely a feature that should be added. I have found conversations of instructors here asking for this for 5 years now. Why is this not at least in the works?

emily_guthrie
Community Member

Agree 100%. 

dgerber
Community Member

Come on, Canvas!  Move your product into the present.  You need to provide canned comments and hyperlinks in Speedgrader (Speed-less-grader).

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Comments from Instructure

Comments can be added and saved for reuse within SpeedGrader. This change allows graders to save frequently used comments in SpeedGrader and be reused across multiple students and assignments.

For more information, please read through the  Canvas Release Notes (2021-06-19).

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Completed

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed