Assign different points to options of multiple-choice questions

0 Likes

Hello,

I'd like to be able to assign different points to the options of multiple-choice questions.

For instance, for question:

"Did you attend the online meeting?"

A. I attended. (worth 2 pt)

B. I didn't. But I have contacted the TA in advance and have watched the recording. (worth 2 pt)

C. I didn't. I did not contact the TA in advance, but I have watched the recording. (worth 1 pt).

D. I did not, and I did not watch the recording. (worth 0 pt).

If the student chooses either A or B, he/she gets 2 pts.

If the student chooses C, he/she gets 1 pt.

If the student chooses D, he/she gets 0 pt.

If there are other ways to accomplish this goal, I'd be glad to learn it.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 Comment
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@mmtscn 

Thanks for sharing this idea. You'll be happy to know that this functionality has been developed and is available in New Quizzes. Please refer to the Vary Points by Answer section of How do I create a Multiple Choice question in New ... - Canvas Community for details.

As our product teams are no longer developing new functionality on the code base for Old (Classic) Quizzes, which is scheduled for deprecation, we've archived the idea. The resources in the New Quizzes User Group should give you the resources you'll need to start trying out the new quiz tool in your courses; if you don't see the ability to enable the tool in the settings area of your course, please reach out to your local Canvas admin for guidance on its availability at your school.