Assigned Date / Multiple Attempts / Filtering / Grade Dashboard

0 Likes

We are having a really hard time finding when the assignment was assigned vs when it is due.   I can see it through the email notifications, but not on the actual assignment.  Would like to know how long an assignment has been posted and see the assigned date and submitted date on the graded page.

If multiple attempts are given is there a way to post that on the grade dashboard?  If additional attempts are still available it would be nice to see instead of having to dig down into the graded assignment.

Remove past grade classes from the drop down and maybe archive?  

When a term is displayed in the dashboard, it doesn't defaut to that term.   It shows Term 4, but yet have to select Term 4 from the filters.  Maybe that label needs to say All Terms if the Term hasn't been filtered.

Remove graded assignments from the To Do List if a grade is posted (student view) but nothing submitted.

Under the submit have the option to select "Turned in a paper assignment" so that it removes from the To Do List 

Why are certain subjects have the locked icon and won't summarize a grade on the grade dashboard?  They have grades posted in the subject, but not tallying or showing No Grade. 

Hold for manual grading - If part of the test is auto graded and the written assignment is still waiting to be manually graded ithere needs to be a notation saying as much instead of thinking the student received the grade reflected.  Could be a flag that part of the grade is missing and not a final grade.

1 Comment
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@acajoe16 

Thanks for all of this feedback about the student experience. The Idea Conversations forum accommodates singular requests for an enhancement to one area or feature, as detailed in How do I create a new idea conversation in the Canvas Community?—think of it as a focused discussion prompt that facilitates a conversation around a single idea—so we aren't able to move this idea forward. Would you please search through the forum for existing ideas that are in line with what you're hoping to see, and if you aren't able to find one to support, write your own for each request?

Here are some I was able to find:

Assigned To Date 

Order of assignments in Dashboard

To do list parameters

..and there are many more, so please search to find others.

With respect to this question:

Why are certain subjects have the locked icon and won't summarize a grade on the grade dashboard?  They have grades posted in the subject, but not tallying or showing No Grade. 

You'll need to ask the instructor for the course to be sure, but it is possible that the instructor for that course has disabled grade totals, which is why the totals for that course don't display in the View Grades section or on the course card on the mobile app. This is noted in the blue box at the top of  How do I view my grades in a current course?

Thanks again!