Assigning a Module - Students with Special Education Needs & Others Who Needs Differentiation

0 Likes

I suggested this idea on 9/1/2020 but it was archived. I was then requested to view a similar previous instruction but the last comment there was in 2016.

I am unsure what we need to do as a community but our student population follows their own path when it comes to learning. My students need to work on various IEP goals (which are legal mandates) so it would be really beneficial if we could ASSIGN MODULES TO SPECIFIC STUDENTS. Below is my homepage (picture number 1) with my students. The idea is for them to be taken to their own tasks that no one else could access. In Special Education, we have strict protocols in regards to privacy and as much as we love Canvas, we need help as a community. Right now, my work around is that I created that table (in picture number 2) that contains their goals and then link it to the actual assignments. I think Canvas could create a better way that saves all teachers time so that we could focus more on the content, versus finding ways to make things private. 😃

This is only possible if we are allowed to assign Modules. Please, Canvas. We would really really want to see this feature. Thank you for your time! 

F34755D4-2FB1-416F-A80A-D9EF0298C4CD.jpeg

61F7B34B-22E9-45D7-AF6B-AC229465160D.jpeg

1 Comment
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@taglishteacher 

We are archiving this idea and once again directing your post to the existing conversation around this. Please note that it remains not only active (with comments posted to it a few weeks ago) but also actively monitored. Our teams strive to keep discussions in this forum unified, which is why we are asking you and your colleagues to continue to add your examples to the thread that is already underway.  How do idea conversations work in the Canvas Community? provides a fuller description of how this forum is facilitated.

Also, idea conversations are not by any means the only way our engineers and product development teams prioritize their planning: our teams also derive input from interviews and surveys, so please be sure to ask your Canvas admin to bring this up at their next meetup with the Customer Success Manager (CSM) for your school.

Thanks for your understanding.