Assigning tasks to groups

0 Likes

I have more than 100 students on a course. They are divided into 7 groups. It would be more convenient to be able to assign tasks to each group separately.

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

Tags (2)
4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

Thanks for sharing this idea, @eiandreeva . By "tasks," do you mean assignments? The instructions for group assignments are in  How do I assign an assignment to a course group? . Is that the process you're using, and if so, would you elaborate on what enhancements to the process you'd like to see?

This idea requests the ability to assign to group sets:  Assign to Group Sets

We'd be interested in hearing more, so please let us know.

Naomi
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @eiandreeva,

Just wanted to follow up on your feature idea. Did the resources Stefanie mentioned answer your questions/concerns about functionality?

Naomi

eiandreeva
Community Member

@Naomi Unfortunately, it does not answer my question. It seems we are talking about different things. In one course I have, say, seven groups of students who are supposed to have access to the same task at different points in time. In the 'Assign' box I can select only individual students or the whole course. Selecting individual students when you have 100 of them is inconvenient, I'd like to be able to assign a quiz to group 1 at 9:00 a.m, to group 2 to at 10:30 and so on. This feature, although so simple and logical, does not exist. helas!

Naomi
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Hi, @eiandreeva!

Thanks for clarifying. We have a similar, existing idea: Assign to by Group for Individual Assignment. If you'd like to add your support to that idea, you can give it a rating and/or comment on it. Because that idea is similar and already open for voting, I've archived your idea to avoid having a duplicate idea. Please reach out if you have questions. 

Naomi