Assignment Bulk Editing Functionality

(2)

Thank you for adding the feature for assignment due date bulk editing. We have used a similar tool for years that has really saved us a lot of time. If it's not too greedy, may I request the below to help match the functionality similar tools?

1. Similar tools show all the dates by module, which really helps faculty to bulk edit the due dates so all the modules have same due date, which really helps institutions/courses that run on a weekly format like ours. I understand that other people may want this visible in different ways (e.g. chronologically, by assignment type). May I suggest there be some type of organizer that allows you to pick between multiple display types?
  2. Similar tools show the assignment icon. Some faculty like the due date for discussions to show the mid-week mark and some like the end-of-week mark. Knowing which assignments are discussions is helpful in setting those discussions to mid-week, if not obvious in the titles. May I request that you show the assignment type icon?

Thanks,

Bryan

5 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks for sharing this idea,  @bryan_biggers ; it's open for voting. You might be interested in supporting this related idea: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/15851-quick-edit-due-dates-from-modules 

bryan_biggers
Community Participant

Thanks! That's a good approach, too.

rpsimon
Community Contributor

I am posting this feature request for a fellow teacher at my school.  

Currently on canvas if i need to delete/edit multiple assignments I need to edit each one individually. It would be extremely helpful and time saving if there was a checkbox next to each assignment.  This way I  would be able to check the assignments that I  would like to edit and then edit them all at once. 

AveryPM
Community Member

Would love to see this feature - would make assigning cross listed assignments for different student sets MUCH easier.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.