Assignment Grade and Status Change on Individual Grade Page

0 Likes
(4)

Please add the ability to change grades and assignment statuses on the individual grade page. This allows teachers to quickly adjust grades when looking at one student in particular. This is an option that is available in our SIS system and it is a huge time saver when looking one student in particular. 

7 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@TechCommChair 

Thanks for sharing this idea. Using Individual View, an instructor can select a specific student, then select an assignment, and change the status and/or grade for that assignment without leaving Individual View. An instructor who wants to change all of a single student's grades can do so directly from the full Gradebook view by navigating across that student's row. Could you elaborate on the additional functionality being requested? 

TechCommChair
Community Member

No problem! What I am referring to is not within the Gradebook, it's the page that shows all of the assignments for one student. I know that you can edit the status and grades for individual students within the Gradebook, but being able to do it from this page would be really helpful. This is the page that I typically look at when reviewing a grade with a student, parent, or support staff, as it is much easier to read and navigate than the gradebook.

TechCommChair_0-1622059299255.png

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@TechCommChair 

I understand now: the instructor is navigating to the student's Grades page from the People tab rather than from the Gradebook and wishes to be able to perform the same sort of grade change actions as can currently be performed in the Individual View of the Gradebook. We'll move the idea forward on that basis.

Thanks for the clarification!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

jennifer_hibber
Community Participant

It would be great to be able to enter an excused grade for a student when looking at their individual grades area. Currently you do not seem to be able to do this unless you go to the main gradebook with all the students in it and enter an EX there. This really slows things down.

heather_zengel
Community Member

Yes, please!!!  Especially with Covid - so much attendance to track.  I am often looking at one student at a time and it would be great to be able to update their grade all on the individual page.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.