Assignment Submission Tally

0 Likes

When looking at student progress (by clicking on the student's name in gradebook or through the "people" tab/button) it would great if as well as seeing a tally for missing and late, we could see a tally for submitted assignments. In my course, students opt in to assignments, so seeing the missing assignments gives the wrong picture. Where as if I could se 15 assignments submitted, that would be more useful.

5 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@rachel_page 

Thanks for sharing this suggestion. When an instructor clicks on a student's name, the student's context card displays a grading overview with the last 10 assignments, as depicted in  How do I view a context card for a student in a co...    The card shows Instructors can then click on the New Analytics tab on the card to see additional information about that student.

Are you able to see the last 10 assignments submitted, and if so, is your request to increase that figure to 15 on the context card? Please let us know.

rachel_page
Community Participant
Author

Thanks for getting back, Stefanie.

Yes, to be able to show more would be great.  Even have a little summary of the whole year – ie  15 or 21 etc assignments submitted. It would also be great to see this in the Grades table so that you don’t have to go into each student individually. If I am reporting on several students from different schools, I don’t want to have to be going into each student separately.  I hope that makes sense.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived