Assignments should be able to be moderated on an individual level (per student)

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas  Learn more about voting...

Please create the ability for instructors to allow extensions/date changes for submissions of: Assignments, Discussions, Submission, etc.

The main important feature needed is to adjust the due dates for Assignments should be able to be moderated on an individual level (per student).

Quizzes can be 'moderated', where professors can go in and change the due date and time restrictions.

Assignments currently do not have that functionality. I was told that the only way this was possible was to place the group of students or student in a separate course section.

In Blackboard, this was much easier.

Thank You!

Response from Instructure

Please see Differentiated Assignments in the Canvas Production Release Notes (2015-06-06)

For the scope of the project reference Canvas Studio: Differentiated Assignments

6 Comments
scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Hello Brooks,

Thank you for taking the time to post an idea to the forum.  What you are asking for here, I believe, is often referred to as assignment due dates varied by individual.  There is another feature idea already set to go to vote next Tuesday called ​ which I believe expresses the same desire you are giving voice to here. 

I am going to go ahead and archive this submission and encourage you to vote for the other submission if you like.  If you disagree that the preexisting submission matches what you described here, please come back and comment.  We are not opposed to putting this idea up for vote if it differs significantly from the previous.

Thank you,

Scott

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea has been created.  Please see Differentiated Assignments in the Canvas Production Release Notes (2015-06-06)

For the scope of the project reference Canvas Studio: Differentiated Assignments

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

ROI.png

Thank you to DRBROOKS for submitting this idea. Your investment in this idea helped refine a feature which is now part of the Canvas! Smiley Happy

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed