Attach multiple quiz questions to one "formula" like stimulus

0 Likes
(4)

I teach science, and there are times when in a quiz, I want the students to have a Lab prompt with a data table, and answer a series of questions about this. 

In the formula style question, you are allowed to give a parameters for randomly generated numbers in questions so that every kid gets a different number.

The feature I am suggesting is the ability to have a formula like prompt in a question stimulus that I can then attach questions to. 

It might look something like the screenshot below, where in the table, the numbers in the table of the stimulus are the `x` and `y` of the attached formula questions.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NoZyhfzeVPPw8NvUVRozJ5e3F_K97Lj6/view?usp=sharing 

This would also allow me to make questions much closer to NGSS and the Next Generation Science Assessment.

8 Comments
sjensen4
Community Member

Thanks for reading this!

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

AndreaPrudhomme
Community Member

I also teach, and there are times I would like to have data randomly generated so students get slightly different data on the questions, but then be able to ask a series of questions related to that original data set.  In real life there are often problems that require a series of steps, calculations, or decision making, and it would be great if our quizzes could reflect that.

clarson1
Community Explorer
petern
Community Contributor

@sjensen4  this is a great idea and I would like it too.  If wildcard/variables could be defined in a stimulus then you could have scaffolded questions linked to it.  Perfect for science.

lic
Community Participant

Love the idea.
Of course it would then be great, if you could save the stimulus with the questions in the question banks also.

Buschinelli
Community Member

I teach electricity, and would be great if we could place the electrical circuit and variables in the stimulus question. Then construct a series of questions linked to the same variables asking different values like voltages, current, power, etc, all based on the same circuit.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.