cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach multiple quiz questions to one "formula" like stimulus

Attach multiple quiz questions to one "formula" like stimulus

0 Kudos
(4)

I teach science, and there are times when in a quiz, I want the students to have a Lab prompt with a data table, and answer a series of questions about this. 

In the formula style question, you are allowed to give a parameters for randomly generated numbers in questions so that every kid gets a different number.

The feature I am suggesting is the ability to have a formula like prompt in a question stimulus that I can then attach questions to. 

It might look something like the screenshot below, where in the table, the numbers in the table of the stimulus are the `x` and `y` of the attached formula questions.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NoZyhfzeVPPw8NvUVRozJ5e3F_K97Lj6/view?usp=sharing 

This would also allow me to make questions much closer to NGSS and the Next Generation Science Assessment.

5 Comments
sjensen4
Community Member

Thanks for reading this!

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open for Conversation

AndreaPrudhomme
Community Member

I also teach, and there are times I would like to have data randomly generated so students get slightly different data on the questions, but then be able to ask a series of questions related to that original data set.  In real life there are often problems that require a series of steps, calculations, or decision making, and it would be great if our quizzes could reflect that.

clarson1
Community Member
petern
Community Contributor

@sjensen4  this is a great idea and I would like it too.  If wildcard/variables could be defined in a stimulus then you could have scaffolded questions linked to it.  Perfect for science.