Attaching Multiple Google Files to one Assignment

(3)

When attaching a Google document to an assignment users are currently limited to one Google file. There is no "add additional file" option like the one seen when you are attaching a file from another location.

13 Comments
biray
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

This idea is now open for voting. Smiley Happy

crystal_trotter
Community Novice

Just to clarify: Is this so students will not have to "resubmit assignment" to add another Google file? If so, I would love that because students get kind of freaked out about "resubmitting" because they think they are going to lose the original or they are going to be marked as late or something even though the teacher says it's fine.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

152442_pastedImage_9.png

Thank You for taking the time and energy to submit and discuss your idea. Your feedback helps our product teams prioritize feature development so we can build a product you will love. Unfortunately, this idea has been archived because it did not meet the 100-vote threshold within the 3-month voting period. Learn more at: How does the voting process work for feature ideas?

Can archived ideas still become a feature?  Potentially. Archived ideas can be resubmitted by Community members. As people’s needs change, previously submitted ideas may gain additional traction. All feature ideas are evaluated as a whole and may influence product direction.

Panda-Cat: A mythical creature that we dreamed up to catch your attention, make you laugh, and encourage you to stay invested in Feature Ideas process of making Canvas better!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

This idea has resurfaced and is now open for voting:

kathleen_akers
Community Novice

Why has this not gained more votes? How do I resubmit the idea.... It's annoying as heck downloading each google doc when you want kids to submit multiple files...

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea is one of the lucky ones that was selected to get a little more time for voting as part of our evolution of the feature idea process. It was selected because of it's vote count and/or comment thread.

*Selection criteria: Most (not all) ideas that received 70+ votes in their initial voting round.

dmg27069
Community Novice

Could not believe this (multiple file upload selection) was not implemented in deployment. I spent a lot of time reading/searching for ideas & finally gave up. As a student, when future teachers suggest using Google Drive for submitting assignments, I’ll respectfully voice my concerns with the reasons why & recommend it not be a requirement. It is not efficient for the purposes intended. My frustration led me to submit a comment (2/11/18).

My 2¢ worth, respectfully. 

Admar17
Community Member

I have students who use multiple computers to pull and push documents for school. It would be nice if there would be an option to add additional files from Google Drive and Office 365 rather than having students download files on their computer and then manually add each on the submission page.

agilbertdesign
Community Member

how do I vote for this!! we need this so badly!

HaleyDawkins
Community Member

This is a necessity! Would be so helpful

EvanForcucci
Community Member

This would be awesome. Also really hoping we could upload files from multiple sources - i.e., a Google Doc and a local file upload - at the same time on the same assignment. 

Looking at the date, this was requested in 2015? It's 2021 and this still isn't a thing. Do I have to learn to code to implement it myself?? 🙂

agilbertdesign
Community Member

I agree, this really needs to be implemented, and ASAP... its far too confusing for students, and I is frustrating and time wasting for teachers... I need to have students turn in a google doc and a couple image files with all my final assignments (I teach photography) and I need to be able to use speedgrader to grade (The google rubrics do let you do some of the things you can do with canvas rubrics,) its so frustrating and such a time suck, and I am already working way over my hours every week... Us teachers need technology that helps work smarter, not wastes our precious time... ugh

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Thank you for sharing this idea with the Instructure Community!

The Product Team reviewed all feature proposals recently, and unfortunately, this thread was identified as one that they would not be able to include in their current or future plans. While we appreciate your proposal, we also want to be transparent about the likelihood of something like this making it to production.

Thank you for collaborating, and we hope that you submit another idea in the future!