Audio in Quizzes

0 Likes
(1)

Please add an option to record audio directly in quizzes. It is a pain to go create an audio file elsewhere and upload the file into the quiz. Being able to directly record audio in quizzes would allow greater accessibility to students with disabilities. 

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

5 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Greetings @AngelaPeake 

Are you thinking the ability for an instructor to record audio within a quiz or quiz question, or for the student to be able to respond in audio? 

There is an existing related feature idea here:  New Quizzes new question type: Audio recording - Instructure Community  

AngelaPeake
Community Member

I'm looking to directly record in the quiz as an instructor. I was working on a new quiz with multiple choice answers. In order for me to add audio to there for the questions, I would have to upload a file. This means going somewhere else, recording the audio, and then uploading. Being able to streamline this with audio recording built in would be great. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @AngelaPeake -

Do you feel you're able to do this easily with the RCE in other places within Canvas? If so, I bet that this idea is what would make this possible in Quizzes: New Quizzes - RCE to match Canvas 

For reference -- How do I record media using the Rich Content Editor as an instructor? 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @AngelaPeake -

I hope you are doing well! If you are unable to provide an update regarding this idea by July 21, we will merge it with the RCE request linked upthread. This will help the Community Team focus on current Ideas. If you need more time, that's okay too! Providing an update before that time would be helpful and appreciated. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived