Auto Save in Rich Content Editor

This is badly needed. We have had several people lost content they were writing in discussion posts and it would be useful when creating pages as well. Even here in the community Jive has this feature and I love it. Canvas needs it too!!

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through Canvas Release Notes (2020-03-21) 

58 Comments
mwolfenstein
Community Participant

What exactly happened here? This was posted in October of 2015. Here we are almost 4 years later. I heard autosave mentioned at InstructureCon, but it's not showing up on the current road map.

michaelproeber
Community Novice

As a student, I've lost thousands of words in discussions from the lack of Autosave. It saddens me that after 4 years, Instructure is no closer to implementing it—scratch that. I see that these community forums conveniently Autosave customer complaints. Why haven't the developers implemented this in the actual product? Shame.

swb_in_ut
Community Novice

And not just in the rich content editor!  How about in the comments of the grading rubric where we can't bold or italicize, (which would sure be nice)?

We cannot keep losing work!  We all put valuable time and thought into adding individual feedback in the rubric for our students.  Accidentally hit "submit" instead of "save" (or any number of other things that navigate you away from the speedgrader page you are on) - no warning, no auto-save, our words and time are gone. 

Please get this off of the "Idea" list and on to the "Implemented" list, already!  I am SO frustrated about having to retype my feedback. It is not benefiting the students or the instructors in any way. 

It is so frustrating to have to take critical work time to come here and BEG for this. Please  get this implemented. 

Even these comments here are being auto-saved!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Comments from Instructure

This idea has been developed and is on Canvas Beta. For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2020-03-21) 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Comments from Instructure

This feature is now part of Canvas. For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2020-03-21) 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Completed