Auto fill Grades

0 Likes
(1)

I would like to auto-fill grades for multiple students at once. I found a response to another user's request for a feature at: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Question-Forum/Auto-fill-Grades-in-Grade-book/m-p/62351.

This post says that this is a painless solution - it is NOT. To have to do the presets, then undo them after the grades have been posted is laborious. I have used a few other LMS that have allowed for an auto-fill that is actually one click of a button (an arrow pops up after you type in a score, then you click on it and all the other students' grades fill in). PLEASE save us time with this quick fix so that we can focus more on the most important part of our jobs - teaching.

3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

MrWilliams
Community Explorer

ABSOLUTELY!!! This is a feature in every SIS gradebook I have worked with and would be super valuable.  It would also be awesome if you could fill "statuses" -- e.g. "Set all ungraded assignments to '0', 'missing', 'late'"

Support, support, support!

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.