[Inbox] Auto-reply for Canvas messages

Please add a "out of office" feature to the Canvas messages so that students who use the Canvas Inbox to send messages during winter or summer breaks will know that faculty are off campus and unable to reply. 

94 Comments
ksammons
Community Member

Please add an OOO feature to Canvas messages. My students seem to think I am working 24/7 and it would be nice to have a slight break from emails. I can do this with my school email, but it doesn't stop students from messaging me in Canvas which is what most choose to do.

maigan_campbell
Community Explorer

YEEEESS! This would be a GAME CHANGER to my teaching and my responses to FAQ's from students. Please get the ball rolling on this. 🙏🙏🙏

behmcke
Community Member

This would be such a useful resource for our staff! Keeping families in the loop is essential across all platforms, not just email. 

ProfBee
Community Explorer

Please, please include this in an update soon!  My Canvas inbox is making me lose sleep. 

iamcaptaincode
Community Member

This has been suggested many times before this. How are we in 2020, where even more people are heavily reliant on Canvas due to the pandemic and we don't have this ability? 

JE2020
Community Novice

Auto replies would be very helpful in the education setting.

holmesm1
Community Explorer

Is this seriosuly not solved yet? I was on Canvas support and they won't even give me the name of our campus liaison to suggest this to.  We should be able to disable the inbox or put an out of office reply. Plus, we are forced to use Canvas for the year because of the pandemic.

bontomasin
Community Explorer

Yes, Please. I use auto reply all of the time. It let's parents know why I am not responding. It tells students I have their message. This tool is so incredibly valuable for mental health and communciation. 

carly3
Community Member

We would love to see this feature added!

john-paul_green
Community Novice

Has there been any development with an out of office automated reply? This is much needed especially when staff and students are taking much needed leave and expectations around comms need to be managed clearly. Thanks.