[Assignments] Automatic Grading

As an instructor, I have students post discussion questions and responses each week. If they posted something, they get the points. However, there is no way to automatically grade these-- I have to manually grade each post... Please consider making an automatic grading system, so that the points show up in their gradebook as soon as they have posted. You will make a lot of instructors very happy... we rely on this type of assignment. 

Thanks!  

46 Comments
pibion
Community Member

I'd also find this extremely helpful.  Getting students grade feedback as soon as possible is a high priority in my class, and I want to focus my time on providing feedback where it's useful - not spending time entering numbers for exit tickets.

rxc284
Community Novice

I would like to see a feature in Canvas where I can select how many original posts and how many replies students need to make to receive the full credit for participating in the discussion. I would like Canvas to make these grades for set posts and replies automatic. In a large class, grading hundreds of threads and discussions takes too much time, but the exercise is still valuable for students.

abigailott
Community Explorer

Please make this happen! We just got done developing a high enrollment course with several "complete/incomplete" assignments worth points.  Would appreciate it if the "automatically graded" option would award the points automatically as the title suggests.  

pchessmore
Community Explorer

This needs to happen soon.  A must for many of our instructors!!!

jrican
Community Explorer

Very great idea! Would be very useful for many of our instructors

tracywatts
Community Novice

This would be great and very useful! 

danielleschwinn
Community Member

Very helpful idea that will save time for so many instructors! 

gillispiel1
Community Explorer

As a Canvas Admin, I'd like to see this feature added, too.  I am the sole person responsible for every staff member in the entire district completing Growing with Canvas.  I'd like for those who submitted the assignment to get full credit regardless of what they submitted.

sallie_davis
Community Explorer

Please add a feature to automatically award points for credit/no credit assignments/discussions. As a Canvas admin, I have had a number of faculty ask for this feature. This would be incredibly helpful for faculty workload.

dhawley
Community Participant

I agree that this functionality would be very helpful. Faculty have been requesting this for many years.