[Assignments] Automatic Grading

As an instructor, I have students post discussion questions and responses each week. If they posted something, they get the points. However, there is no way to automatically grade these-- I have to manually grade each post... Please consider making an automatic grading system, so that the points show up in their gradebook as soon as they have posted. You will make a lot of instructors very happy... we rely on this type of assignment. 

Thanks!  

46 Comments
jeremy_winn
Community Member

I would also like to see this feature!

doug_romine
Community Participant

This would be a great feature to add, thanks!

cmpn
Community Participant

This is a common request from our instructors as well. It would be great to see this implemented.

arovner
Community Contributor

Please!!

kevin_bowersox-
Community Member

This would be great and align well with the idea of two deadlines too. 🙂

CPCInstitute
Community Member

Agreed—this would be so helpful!

emily-wright
Community Explorer

Please do this!  It would be helpful for discussions, assignments and "essay" quiz questions (especially since New Quizzes doesn't have a graded survey setting).

Allowing settings for minimum word count for text entries would be helpful.  Also minimum number of replies in discussions.  It would even be helpful to have initial posts manually graded and replies to other student post automatically graded, but that might be too complicated.

Nga
Community Member

It would be great to have this feature on Canvas soon!

jongeo567Canvas
Community Member

Another related question posed by a staff member from our University around graded ‘discussion’ assignments was: "Would it be possible to add for example, 2 marks for a post, vs 0 marks for ‘no post’; rather than manually adding the mark in grade book, when set up as ‘ungraded"?

The current approach sounded confusing to her, but she acknowledged people would want to use these types of auto/default features.

meena_kahlon
Community Explorer

We need this! Great idea.