Automatic Logout Options

0 Likes

Stop logging me out! Please, give an option to change timeout. I have terrible ADHD and I step away for I never, ever know how long and I come back to a disrupted educational flow! I don't care how crazy it sounds to you, I promise, it messes me up every time. I feel like I have control and that's so important. I've already logged in, I've navigated to my homework, I'VE CONQUERED THOSE BEASTS! You really don't understand the hell it turns school into (for me, at least) when I'm not happily and easily accessing my educational resources. I'm not trying to get religious here, but allowing me to disable this autologout bs or at least give it an hour or two would seriously be like parting the red sea. It's not like we can't scribe a little magic to keep ourselves logged in it's just... why should we have to? I mean it's our own dang cookie security, just put a warning about whatever and let us set ourselves up for success and keep our flow. Thank you.

6 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@veemon293 Thanks for sharing this idea. The local Canvas admin for the school determines whether users are logged out automatically and sets the specific period of time before auto-logout based on their assessment of their school's security needs. If this is something you'd like to see changed, please let your local admin know.

veemon293
Community Member

Thank you. How do I do that?

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@veemon293 I suggest you look through the college's website for contact options:  Florida State College at Jacksonville  

veemon293
Community Member

I'll do that. Thanks.

veemon293
Community Member

I'm not trying to force every soul to conform to my whims, though. They could implement the feature of an optional timeout?

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@veemon293 That would be up to the Canvas admin to request or implement.