Automatically Assign Missing Status to Past Due Assignments

0 Likes
(1)

It is important for both parents and students to know that they have missing work. I love using the Missing status to flag work that is past due, but as of right now you have to go to Grades, find the student with missing work (signified by the " - " symbol), click the grade tray, and select the radio button for "Missing" 

There should be a way to automatically assign the Missing Status to all assignments with a " - " symbol after the due date, or some other specified date. That way, I can mark a whole batch missing without having to go through one by one and do it by hand. 

1 Comment
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@RyanFrandsen 

Thanks for sharing this question in the Idea Conversations forum. What you've described is how the Missing Assignments policy is designed to work: How do I apply a Missing Submission policy in the Gradebook? goes through the details, and states, in part: "A submission is labeled missing when the due date has passed and it has not been submitted."

So we've archived this idea as existing functionality. We also found a few related ideas you might want to support:

Apply Missing Submission Policy to all Assignment Types

Option for missing assignments to get a zero if using external tool