Automatically Subscribe Instructors to Discussions when Copying Courses

0 Likes
(1)

When I import a course and reuse it, then, in the new instance, I have to manually subscribe to all the discussions that I have imported from the old instance. It would be better if I were automatically subscribed.

Also, this forum just "detected post flooding" because I resubmitted the post after correcting an error in using labels and tags. It would be super awesome if that didn't happen.

4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@lucastruble Thanks for sharing these two ideas. Regarding the comment about the platform, this community uses the default flood controls that the platform provider recommends. Our team periodically re-evaluates the defaults, and we will look into these again.

J_Ratliff
Community Explorer

As specified here, instructors are automatically subscribed to discussion posts they create in their courses.  However, if a discussion post is imported (such as from a blueprint course), the instructor is not subscribed.  Could we have instructors subscribed to the post in the destination course if and only if the instructor is subscribed in the blueprint course?

The entire purpose of a blueprint course is to set up the course the way I want once and then copy it over each term without having to duplicate the work of setting up the course from scratch.  I shouldn't have to manually subscribe to posts if I was subscribed in the blueprint course.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.