Automatically generated conferences with BBB

(2)

We use BBB conferences for virtual classes which follow based timetable. Our lecturers create conference 15 minutes before class time so that students get notification email before it. We wish lecturers could set up appointment time for "automatically sending invitation". With this function, they just need to create all conferences in a week at the beginning, set up appointment time and then done.

10 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@Bui_Hien_Rachel , instructors using the native Canvas conferencing tool (Big Blue Button) can set up conferences ahead of time, and invitations will be sent out when they create the conferences, as detailed in How do I create a conference in a course?  As the documentation suggests, calendar events are a great way to position those conferences.

We would like to move this forward as a request to be able to schedule conferences in BBB for specific dates and times, with invitations sent out on those dates 15 minutes before the time of the conferences. So that our members can appropriately assess this request, could you confirm that you're using the native Conferencing tool—and if not, have a look through the external tools referenced in Web Conferencing Resources and identify the tool your school is using?

Thanks.

Bui_Hien_Rachel
Community Explorer

Hi Stefanie,

Thank you for your information. Yes, we are using BBB tool now (we installed its premium few weeks ago)

Best regards,

Rachel

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks for confirming that,  @Bui_Hien_Rachel ‌. We've opened the idea for voting as a request for this enhancement to the partner integration with Big Blue Button.

Bui_Hien_Rachel
Community Explorer

Thanks a lot, Stefanie

peteippel
Community Member

I definitely would find this feature handy to create a calendar item that scheduled a BBB Conference.  I would like to use it in concert with the appointment scheduling feature of calendar as well.  That is to be able to have an appointment scheduled with a student and then be able to see them through video.

rblumjose
Community Explorer

Hello!

My coworker and I were just talking about this. I would love for the conferences and calendar to be linked because we like to set up recurring meetings that require video. It would be great to be able to schedule the BBB meeting right in the calendar and have the students click into the meeting from the calendar invite in addition to finding it in the conferences page. Thank you for your consideration, @Stef_retired !

derek5
Community Novice

i wanna make a bbb live class

derek5
Community Novice

plzzzz

derek5
Community Novice

plzzz again

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.