Autosubmit and/or Force Submit of Cloud Documents

0 Likes
(2)

The Google Cloud Doc LTI integration is great, but if the student does not manually submit it on their end I cannot see/grade it. There should be a way to have a teacher able to have it automatically submit a copy of what they're completed by after a certain amount of time, similar to time limits for quizzes. There should also be a way to force submit it to have all submissions be the most up to date submission so teachers can go through copies of submissions from these cloud assignments.

It is a struggle sometimes to get kids to submit the file, as well as there can be issues with them logging in/accessing it, so as long as the institution has authority over their Google Drive I'd hope that they'd be able to have this feature as it would be EXTREMELY helpful. 

3 Comments
nathanatkinson
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

skasak
Community Member

So I submit this piece of feedback a while back and it is was never really touched upon. I did a quick search of the forum and couldn't find anything (doesn't mean I didn't miss it) but is there any chance this feature could be implemented? It would be very efficient to have this feature. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.