[Modules] Back and Next buttons at top of module items

It would be very helpful if you could insert "Back" and "Next" buttons at the top of module item pages. This would eliminate the need to scroll down through long pages in order to move to the next module item. This is especially bothersome when I've minimized the size of my browser window.
54 Comments
scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

This feature idea is now open for voting.

Sylvia_Ami
Community Contributor

I agree. Great suggestion. Putting Back/Next at both the top and bottom is pretty much a standard in UI design.

hvaughn
Community Contributor

The same idea is up for voting here as well:

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Oh, nice catch  @hvaughn ​.

I see that we put this idea forward which was suggested by  @kgordon ​ on June 30th even though you had submitted   on June 2nd. That was likely my oversight and I apologize.  Even though you originally submitted the idea, I'm going to archive your submission and suggest that the four people who voted for it ( @pchaney  @bwaters   (you) and  @RobDitto   ), come over and join the 22 people who have already voted for this submission. 

Thanks again for the heads up!

hansardc
Community Participant

This would be very helpful. These buttons could be posted in the upper right corner. For example, if you open a page, there is a View all pages button on the left. In that same field (banner type area) on the right, both buttons could appear side by side.

cgaudreau
Community Contributor

@kgordon ​, I submitted an idea for something like this earlier. Maybe if we combine forces we can get this pushed up the chain?

https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/1803#comment-6951

jacqueline_chu2
Community Novice

Great idea!

hvaughn
Community Contributor

This idea was also submitted back on May 19th. 

canvas_admin
Community Champion

Can we add those 4 votes to this one to help us get to 100?  :smileygrin:

hvaughn
Community Contributor

I think the votes were added after that idea was archived.  But it is a needed enhancement to the system, one that has been requested several times.