[Assignments] Be able to change dimensions of a External tool Display

This image shows how cut off and awkward the current sizing is when using the external tool Google Docs Cloud Assignmnet.

This image shows the exact layout of an assignment when using Google Doc Cloud assignments when you are trying to embed or add other needed information in a page. As you can see it gets very cut off and cumbersome for students to navigate. I love using this external tool otherwise to help cut down on the need to navigate to other web pages but that purpose is null and void when it looks like this. Is there any way we could make this tool fit more to the page? If not could we at least have the option to make it longer so that students can see at least the length of a full page? I know that students can open it into another window but once again, that negates the purpose of trying to make it all navigable on one assignment page and cut down on the need to open new tabs.

8 Comments
LS5
Community Member

Yes this is a strong need

heatherrogers
Community Member

Please fix this for the external tool assignment option also. 

jajones2
Community Member

It would be so helpful to have these assignments display in more user-friendly dimensions.

carpenter
Community Participant

Following this idea conversation. I would love to see the option to increase the size of the external tool presentation. Students ask me if I can do anything about it every time! 

anastasia_armsw
Community Member

Yes, this is a major hindrance to using external tool assignments!

BRADFRANKLIN23
Community Member

Please and pretty please!! I love ck-12, but it shows up in a squat little window. Sure, I can give them a link to it, but embedding in Canvas removes one layer of clickage. Every click is a barrier for some of my students. Nothing like a little Algebra popping into the Canvas window to help get the ball rolling!

All I would really need is resizable embed window, which may just be a javascript setting. Why not just make that the default. I feel like it's 1999 here... please help! 🙂

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme