Being able to send a message during an exam on the exam screen for students

0 Likes
(1)

For a synchronous online class being able to send students messages directly to their exam screen would be helpful if there was a typo or error on the exam, or any message student should know while taking the exam. This is something you would be able to communicate in a face to face or in person class but this feature would be great for online class.

With much appreciation,

4 Comments
ctitmus
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

kirsten_ryall
Community Participant

This looks like an interesting idea. I'm going to follow along on this. If this does get 'over-the-line' I think I'd prefer to see it as a separate permission so that it can be attributed to specific roles. The idea of any user in the 'Teacher' role for example getting access to this kind of activity during an exam makes me a bit nervous. Especially if this person is relatively new to the institution and to Canvas, and accidentally sends an unintentional update out during an exam.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.