Better design for gradebook page

0 Likes
(1)

Hi Canvas! 

It would be awesome for those of us who use laptops have the left to right scroll on the bottom of the page without having to scroll down to get it. 

Tags (4)
7 Comments
Naomi
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @BlairGreiner,

I was able to replicate what you mentioned about needing to scroll down in the Gradebook to view the left-to-right scroll at the bottom of the screen. However, I was only able to replicate it if I resized my Gradebook window to be much shorter than the full height of my laptop screen. Because of that, I wonder if the available height of your laptop screen could be causing you to need to scroll down to view the left-to-right scroll? That's one possibility.

Sometimes scroll bars don't display based on preferences you've selected for your laptop. For example, on mac laptops, you can choose to hide scrollbars so they only show if you're actively scrolling. So that's another possibility. 

In your second paragraph, you mentioned wanting to minimize gradebook columns while also being able to view assignments' names. We have a very similar idea that is already open for conversation that I would recommend you adding your thoughts to: Keep Headings in Gradebook Visible with Narrower Columns.

Naomi

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Hi @BlairGreiner -

I'm checking in, and I hope you're doing well!

Did @Naomi's comments help you restore the scroll bars where you want them? I hope they did!

Because there are open ideas that are related to your request, this thread has been marked as Archived.

BlairGreiner
Community Member

No, it did not help @KristinL this is the only website that I have scroll bar issues with 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

ajpetto
Community Novice

We could REALLY use a horizontal scroll bar at the TOP of the gradebook instead of (or at least in addition to) one at the bottom.

For those of us with class rosters in the 100s, this would make navigating to specific assignments in the gradebook a lot more efficient.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

Hi @BlairGreiner - Your idea has been edited to only feature the first request (the second is still referenced in Naomi's initial reply). It has been marked as Open!

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.