Better multiple file upload

0 Likes
(1)

When you upload multiple files on an assignment to Canvas right now, you upload one, click add another, then upload another, and so on. I suggest Canvas be like other sites, and when multiple files can be uploaded, allow the user to select multiple files off the file picker rather than just one. For example, say I had all the scanned documents I needed in one folder. Instead of uploading each page manually, I could press ctrl/command + A to select all and I could let Canvas automatically put the separate files on. 

Tags (3)
3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@MaxMyzer 

Thanks for sharing this idea. A new and improved interface for student assignment submission has been developed and is in beta testing at selected institutions. Please read through How do I upload a file as an assignment submission for a course using Assignment Enhancements? to learn more.

We've archived this idea, and hope that when your school turns on Assignment Enhancements you'll come back to suggest improvements to the new workflow.

Thanks again. Stay safe, stay well, and keep learning. 🙂

MySuggestions
Community Member

For the time being, one cannot submit an assignment with multiple files all at once. Ideally, what should be the case is that a student can select multiple files at once and simply drag them all into the dropbox. I am a student, and the current way of submitting assignments is needlessly time consuming.