Blueprint Functionality: Lock All Module's Content

0 Likes
(8)

Our workflow is development shell - (copy) -> blueprint shell - (sync) -> live sections for each course for each term launch. 

It would be incredible to have a "local all module items" button on the module page after turning a standard shell into a blueprint as opposed to having to click each and every single module item.

Thanks for the consideration!

Tags (3)
8 Comments
ctitmus
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

enoch_hunsaker
Community Explorer

I very much agree with this!  Having a "lock all" feature in the blueprint, then allowing us to unlock specific would be so much faster than having to lock each item.  I would extend the idea to locking not only module content, but all pages, files, etc. as well.  This can be a very tedious process.

JosephBelanger
Community Member

I agree with this as well.  There is a "Publish / Unpublish" check mark toggle at the top of the row.  Seems it would be simple to add a "Lock / Unlock" toggle to the left of it.  Very tedious to go through multiple courses and click all of the Modules to lock then one at a time.

jgosser
Community Explorer

Is this not possible yet? I see there is something in setting, but when I click it on to lock ... nothing occurs on the courses?

dsesker
Community Participant

I am surprised this has not been implemented yet.  Going through hundreds of courses and clicking each one of these in modules is tedious and time-consuming.

PhillipJacobs
Community Member

Yes, we would very much like this functionality as well.

TaiFarmer1
Community Explorer
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived