Bring back the ability to send an Inbox message to multiple classes.

0 Likes
(1)

Allow teachers to once again be able to send a message to multiple classes at one time. Canvas used to allow this, but Canvas will only let teachers send a message to one class at a time instead of multiple classes. This would save teacher so much time. I am not sure why Canvas stopped this feature, but it is time-consuming to send the same message to seven or eight classes each. Please bring this feature back. 

3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@Missie_Meeks086 

Thanks for sharing this idea. Please add your comments to the ongoing discussion underway at Email (message) multiple classes at one time. We've archived this one to remove the duplication and keep the conversation unified in one place.

Missie_Meeks086
Community Participant
Author

I am not sure why we have to vote on this feature to message all classes at one time. Teachers had this feature at one time, and Canvas took it away. Why did Canvas stop allowing teachers to message all students with one message? It just does not make sense at all. Now we have to vote on something that we had?? Please just add the feature back to message multiple classes with one message. It just makes sense to have this feature. Thanks, Missie

Shellygal64
Community Novice

I would love to have this feature back!