Bug in using <dt> tags

0 Likes

I have discovered that while <dt> <dl> and <dd> tags will work when copied as HTML into the content editor, this markup gets mixed up if any non-HTML editing is done subsequently. 

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

9 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @MikelisBickis -

HTML can be like a puzzle, especially when there are embedded items or content copied from other courses. Without seeing the exact page where you're encountering the issue, it's hard to determine whether or not what you're experiencing is a bug.

Please reach out to Support so they can take a closer look. While they generally don't troubleshoot HTML, if there is a bug with how the code is handled on the page, they'd be able to identify that. How do I contact Canvas Support? 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @MikelisBickis - 

Have you been able to collaborate with Support? If so, what did you learn?

If you are unable to provide an update regarding this idea by April 20, we will need to archive it to help the Community Team focus on current Ideas. If you need more time, that's okay too! Providing an update before that time would be helpful and appreciated. 

MikelisBickis
Community Member

I have not been able collaborate with Support.  I can't even find how to contact them.  The Instructure Community website is a mess.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi! Canvas Support can be found alongside your course. This lesson will help you locate it --How do I contact Canvas Support? 

If you have questions or if you'd like assistance connecting with Support, I can try to help as well.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @MikelisBickis - We know life can get busy and acknowledge that it was difficult to connect with Support. Yet, if we don't hear from you by May 18, we will archive this thread so we can better focus on current requests. 

MikelisBickis
Community Member

It's not that I don't have time, but that I have given up on getting help.  Your link on "How do I contact Canvas support" doesn't help me, since the menu only gives me link on how to contact local support at my institution.   My local advisers aren't  able to solve the problem -- it is, after all, a bug in the system, and tells me to contact the Infrastructure community.  Seems like this is going around in circles.  The "Help" on how to contact support shows a menu with a "Report a Problem" link.  However, the menu I get does not look like that.  There is no "Report a Problem" link.  Nor could I find a "Bug Report" on the Infrastructure Community.   I seem to be at a dead end.

MikelisBickis
Community Member

nmbucklein
Instructure
Instructure

@MikelisBickis I looked into your situation a little bit closer to try and determine what could be causing you to not be able to contact our Support team directly. I found this is because of the support contract your university has with us, which only allows for admin level users to contact our live support staff. 

We are terribly sorry this has been such an inconvenience to you! Moving forward, I would advise reaching out to your administration, so they can then contact our support team and get this behavior looked into closer! 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived