Bulk Delete Discussions

0 Likes
(2)

There needs to be a way to bulk delete Discussions. In Announcements you can simply check the box next to all of the announcements and then hit delete. Need to be able to do the same in Discussions. There was another post requesting this, but it was from November 14th 2019 and it's still not resolved so adding a fresh, recent request.

7 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@rhunt Would you please provide the link to the request from November 2019? 

rhunt
Community Member

I just came up when I typed in my title and clicked the Check Title button. I'll go back and do that again...

Got it.

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/Bulk-delete-discussion-threads/idi-p/299157

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks, @rhunt . That one came up in my search, but I interpret it as a request to delete multiple threads (posts) within a single discussion—i.e., it's a different request. We'll move yours forward for further discussion.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

PallaviJalakam
Community Contributor

Deleting multiple unwanted discussions (wrongly copied from one course to another or created by mistake) at a time will save a lot of time. Deleting one Discussion at a time is time-consuming and tedious.

Perhaps, having a check box in the UI (similar to the Announcements tool) to select multiple Discussions can make bulk deletion easy and in fewer clicks.

choppingm
Community Participant

Really, this isn't fixed yet? How hard would it be to implement this: select announcements by some criterion / criteria (e.g., date published, subject contains "exam") and delete only the matching ones? 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.