[DocViewer] Bulk Download of Annotated DocViewer documents by assignment

Instructors can easily bulk-download student submissions, and instructors can individually download the PDF showing the annotations they've made to a student's submission in DocViewer. There is currently no way to bulk download all annotated submissions for an assignment in one click.  Faculty frequently want to keep a portfolio of this feedback / graded work for each student.

Similar requests have been made by Eric Castro and Robert Jones, but haven't received the votes needed.

Added to Theme

66 Comments
sfleming2
Community Member

Teachers have been asking me for ways in which they can download their student's assignments from SpeedGrader, to include the teacher's comments.  These documents can then be used as evidence for giving grades.

george_franz
Community Participant

I need this for free-response questions, "show-your-work" calculations, etc.  Also, If a student downloads their own annotations and tries to make changes and re-upload those annotations disappear.  Some don't show at all.  The PDF's need to be "Flattened" to make the annotations permanently show.

This needs to be implemented.  How did it go from being voted on in one thread and "oopen for conversation" here?  This needs to be voted on again if the threads have been merged.

JohnMcGuigan
Community Member

Our college has only moved to Canvas from this academic year. As we reach the end of the year, we are receiving multiple requests from lecturing staff to assist with the download of annotated submissions, which may be required for External Verification purposes.

It is very disappointing that we cannot bulk download annotated scripts, and have to download one at a time.  This will prove time consuming. 

The ability to bulk download annotated scripts would be a feature we would love to see added to Canvas

wschilling
Community Member

This is an absolutely essential feature.  We must show graded for both for our PTR process and for accreditation process.  Individual downloads are not efficient for lots of assignments with 40 or more students in each class.  This should not be that hard to implement.

abenson3
Community Novice

This is an essential feature that bc it isnt available is increadibly time consuming to download everything individually. As soon as you have larger classes having to do this manually and individually is not a good use of time. Given that you can individually download in speedgrader and you can bulk download in canvas the submitted (but not annotated) files this should be something that is possible without having to wait for extended periods of time for it to be possible.

cvh
Community Member

This feature is desperately needed!!!! I oversee support for Canvas users at our university, as well as using Canvas myself as a faculty member and supporting colleagues. Across the board, it is essential for faculty to be able to save annotated students work outside of Canvas -- for improving future classes, for writing students letters of recommendation, for potential questions that arise after the class concludes, and more. I went to seek out a solution to this for myself and was shocked to find it's been requested since 2016. PLEASE INSTRUCTURE please address this. I can't add anything new - the abundant comments point to why this should be possible and why it's necessary. Thanks!

chike424
Community Explorer

This feature will be useful, especially now most modules are virtual.  

caren12
Community Novice

That feature would be great to have, especially for some of our faculty that insist on keeping copies of graded work.

chike424
Community Explorer

This feature is essential, and will help teachers save time. downloading each manually is time consuming. 

marisa_jenkins
Community Member

I have just read through everyone wanting this for years and still nothing. Please, please, please  do this.

I now have 250 to download individually then need to work out whos is whos if they didn't submit with our preferred submission name. This is excruciating and a very ineffective use of time

MaArisa Jenkins

The University of Sydney