Bulk Update Selected/All Assignments

I would like to be able to assign the same Dates for all or selected assignments without changing each one individually.

Right now, we can change dates of assignments with the editing feature in assignments. If you just want to change a few assignments, that's great; however, my district pushed content with one availability date and now I need to change it. The problem is there are at least 60 assignments in 2 different courses that need a new date assigned. It would be much easier if I could select all the assignments and assign one date and save. Then the system could bulk update each one.

Can you change the Bulk Update feature to allow us to select individual assignments or all assignments and assign 1 date? 

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2020-06-20) 

5 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello,  @raysh  Welcome to the Canvas Community! We've moved this idea forward for community consideration as a request to add the ability to select specific assignments to update with the same information. With respect to adding the ability to edit due dates for different courses at the same time, you might be interested in this related idea: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/15343-change-due-dates-across-multiple-classes 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Comments from Instructure

The Edit Assignment Dates page now supports enhancements to select multiple assignments, batch edit dates, and improve date validation. For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2020-06-20) 

@raysh  Thank You for submitting this idea. Your investment in this idea helped refine a feature that is now part of Canvas! 

tam_nguyenmaith
Community Participant

Hello, there are courses in my institution that have more than 20 sections and we cannot bulk update multiple deadlines as guided. Also, could you add the due time column beside the due date columns? It helps us to update different due time for each section faster. current, if we dont batch shift the assignment's due time, the default time is midnight.

assignment multiple date update.PNG

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed