Bulk edit Assignment dates feature needed!

0 Likes
(1)

I am a middle school STEM teacher, my class is made up of 21 STEM activities of which students select three different STEM topics for each quarter. The students will rotate through each of their topics during the quarter.  I have large class sizes and all 21 of these topics are usually going on at the same time. I refer to it as highly organized chaos, but fun.

Each quarter, I copy forward all my assignments at one time because in the new quarter, all the STEM topics have to be ready to go.

In my humble opinion, the Assignments page, Edit Assignment Dates function needs two additional features added:

1. In addition to the current feature Batch Edit that will allow one to shift or remove dates, I would love to see the ability in which you could select assignments in bulk and then enter the From, Due, and Until dates one time and then apply them to all. Currently, Canvas will not shift the dates of assignments that are not for Everyone when I copy my class.

2. On the Edit Assignment Dates page, when I click the Title button, I doesn't select assignments that are assigned to multiple groups, and I would like to see that functionality added. For example, I have a STEM activity called 3D Printing. I have three rotations, each with their own From, Due, and Until dates.

For those of us that have a lot of assignments (around 100), this would save hours of tediously going down the Edit Assignment Dates page and manually selecting the From, Due, and Until dates.

Thanks for considering this! 

1 Comment
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@jeffe Thanks for sharing these ideas. We have several conversations already underway framed around similar problem statements, and ask that you add your comments and ratings to:

Bulk edit assignments with multiple dates - Canvas Community

Bulk edit assignments with multiple dates - Canvas Community

You might also want to add your thoughts to these related ideas:

Assignment Bulk Editing Functionality - Canvas Community 

Assignment Batch Edit: Add Due Dates in Batches - Canvas Community 

We've archived this one to keep the existing threads unified.

Thanks again!