Calendar Items Should be Middle Clickable

0 Likes
(2)

I like to use the calendar view to keep track of what work I still have to do, opening each assignment in a new tab using the middle click option on links. This works in many places on Canvas, but in the calendar views I need to click each item first to open up the modal, then middle click the title of the modal dialog to open it in a new tab. This is alright in the weekly and monthly calendar views, but in the agenda calendar view, the UI design somehow gives me a stronger expectation that clicking on an item will take me to its page or that middle clicking on an item will open it in a new tab. It would be nice to be able to middle click these items and bypass the modal to open them in new tabs.

3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

Alioop
Community Member

Great idea! If my students could see their completed assignments crossed out on their calendar view, it would be easier to identify missing assignments. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.