[Calendar] Edit or Delete Series of Events

This idea has been developed and is On Canvas Beta •  How do I access the Canvas beta environment?

For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2023-10-21) 

I created a series of recurring events in the calendar. My weekly office hours for recurring on Tuesdays for 8 weeks. Unfortunately I had the wrong information and needed to delete the series. When I went in to delete I did not get the option to delete or edit the series.  I could only delete each calendar even individually I could not edit or delete the entire series.

Added to Theme

35 Comments
tmorrell
Community Member

Preparing for fall classes and this feature still does not exist. I am shocked it has taken this long, especially with all the posts urging this to be done. As many have said previously, editing a series of events in the calendar is standard in all other calendar apps; and, quite frankly, a necessity for the function to be worthwhile.  Thank you!

james_whalley
Community Coach
Community Coach

How is this basic functionality not included in the Calendar? It's like the designers tried to answer the question, "How can I make recurring events?", but they did not think about any of the functionality traditionally associated with recurring events on a Calendar. Please fix this so that it could actually be useful.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
  Comments from Instructure

This feature is available in Beta. For more information, please read through the 

Canvas Release Notes (2023-10-21) 

How do I access the Canvas beta environment as an instructor?