Can we get a notification of a Discussion reply?

0 Likes
(1)

As an instructor, I use Announcements and Discussions to enrich participation. As such, I welcome Discussion replies by students as well as replies from my Announcements.

Presently, if a student replies to a Discussion or Announcement, I have to remember to return to that Discussion or Announcement and check to see if there are any unread replies. This is a pain.

Is there a way to receive a summary notification of any/all replies to Discussions and/or Announcements?

2 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@jeanderson3 

Thanks for providing this feedback. Instructors can set their notification preferences for announcements and discussions in accordance with the instructions in  How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as...  These notifications can take the form of notifications that arrive right away, daily summaries, or weekly summaries.

Also, consider adding your support to these requests for enhancements to discussion notifications:  Discussion Notification: Activity that involves yo...  and   Bring back push notifications for discussion board...

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived