Cancel requested grade sync

0 Likes
(2)

Many times teachers will notice an issue that they can correct after they have requested grade sync. Sometimes the grade sync will take hours to fail. New grade sync can't be requested until it fails. If the teacher could cancel the teacher-requested sync, this would allow them to correct the mistakes they see and try to sync again without waiting hours for it to fail.

3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

CHRISTOPHERHANS
Community Novice

I am an instructor using Canvas daily for high school. Our district uses an outside gradebook management system that Canvas can sync grades into using the "Sync to SIS" action. 

I have run into issues in the past where I needed to either cancel or pause a sync from the queue, but do not have the option. It would be helpful to have the ability to manage this queue with options like "cancel sync" or "pause sync" or "delay until...". 

At the very least, it would help circumnavigate any glitches when the syncing is not working for a particular item in the queue, but you would like to synch other items instead (the queue does not allow additional items in the queue until the previous sync has finished).

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.