Canvas Commons

0 Likes
(1)

I am new to canvas and I was reviewing the commons page.  One thing that I would really like to see is the ability to ONLY download/import one item found in a bulk resource at one time versus having to download, import and select.

3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@stavropoulose  Welcome to Canvas and to the Canvas Community!

Thanks for sharing this idea. As it moves forward for broad discussion, we recommend that instructors import the course from Commons into a sandbox course designated for this purpose, and then use the selective import process within Canvas to copy specific content into their courses. Many instructors use this sandbox waystation repeatedly by resetting it once they've obtained the desired pieces of content from the Commons course. The selective import process is detailed in How do I select specific content as part of a course import? 

cartlial
Community Member

I agree with original post. This would save the step of importing to sandbox, then moving into other courses. Some teachers import directly into courses and then realize it overrides their content--a hard lesson to learn. If this is not possible (to select individual components directly from Commons), can there at least be a pop-up disclaimer saying it will override the course into which you're importing?

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.