Canvas Inbox

0 Likes
(2)

Hello!

The Inbox is extremely cluttered and unusable. A functionality to have the messages categorized by Course and also the functionality to have our own folders of messages will help. 

Tags (2)
7 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

@yohent 

Thanks for sharing this suggestion. Users can filter the inbox by course by using the dropdown at the upper left of the Conversations page. Please read through How do I filter conversations as an instructor? - Canvas Community 

If you'd like to request new functionality that allows users to create their own custom folders, would you please edit the idea to focus it on that request?

cameron_redsell
Community Participant

The submission comments in inbox are extremely valuable for seeing assignment feedback from students, but for a large class it also can become extremely cluttered, would it be possible to at least filter by unread?

gnoack
Community Champion

Hi @cameron_redsell  

You can do this already, see this guide. https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-find-my-unread-messages-in-the-Inbox-as...

I also find it helpful to filter by course. 

cameron_redsell
Community Participant

For submission comments? I thought they only show up in the Submission Comments inbox?

gnoack
Community Champion

Sorry, I misunderstood you. You can only sort the submission comments by the choices in the first dropdown, such as by course. 

cameron_redsell
Community Participant

Yeah. The submission comments within the inbox tool seems a little bolted on, it would be really cool if it could get built out a little

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived