cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canvas Parent App - View assignment comments and rubrics

Canvas Parent App - View assignment comments and rubrics

0 Kudos
(2)

The Canvas Parent App needs to display assignment comments and rubric scores.

This is a huge oversight of the app and an integral part of parent engagement in student learning,

The purpose of assessment should be to progress learning. Evidence shows an overall mark or score on an assessment item does nothing to support the growth of student learning. It is the feedback provided on the work that does this. At the moment parents need to use the student app or log on via a browser to be able to see this integral part of teacher's assessment practice.

The mobile App is ideal for parents to use. It's at their fingertips and is a nice simplified version of Canvas. But if one of the main reasons schools provide parents access to Canvas is to support parent engagement with student learning then the App becomes pointless if comments and rubric scores given on the assignment arent displayed. 

6 Comments
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open for Conversation

Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @tina_busch -

I think this is a great space for the Canvas Parent to grow! I submitted this idea in the past (as have others!), and I know that the mobile team is aware of the need to include submission comments, submission views, and rubric data to families. When Canvas Parent was first introduced, the app was meant to provide the most essential features to families. Then, with the reminders/alerts, help conversations at the computer later. However, with so many more students working in blended online environments, I see this feature opportunity as more important than ever. 

I hope others are able to join the conversation. 🙂

Surveyor II

Yes Please this is in HIGH DEMAND right now and Parents in our instance would LOVE this

Surveyor

Agreed. We shouldn't have to agree on something so obvious. Seeing feedback  as it relates to the assignment should be standard.

Community Coach
Community Coach

Remember to rate the idea too!

Surveyor II

Parent app also needs to show teacher feedback on assignments