cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canvas Parent: Cross out submitted assignments on calendar

Canvas Parent: Cross out submitted assignments on calendar

0 Kudos
(1)

The Canvas Student web version will show submitted assignments on the calendar as crossed out. My Canvas Parent web version does not and it would be very helpful to have that so I'm not switching between the Calendar and Grades for all 16 classes across 2 kids. I cannot tell if the mobile app is the same as no calendar events show at all because of a bug in v3.3.1. 

8 Comments
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open for Conversation

Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @wilsmic -

I think that when the bug that's affecting the Calendar in Canvas Parent is resolved with the next update (3.3.2), you'll be pleased with the Calendar's features. With the week-at-a-glance, you can see exactly what is needed for each student to complete. Additionally, you'll see labels for missing, late, submitted, and no submission. It'll keep you and your family right on track.

Have you looked at the custom alerts you can set for your students? That may help organize things further, especially if you want to know if something wasn't submitted. How do I set alerts for a student in the Canvas Parent app on my Android device? 

Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Surveyor

When is 3.3.2 going to be released? I have several notifications turned on and I get a lot of emails, but I love the idea of "week at a glance" as I check every Monday morning to see what is coming up. One of my girls is newly on a 504 plan and I have to watch out for multiple tests coming up at once so we can plan around. Thanks for the quick reply!

Community Coach
Community Coach

it was released on October 22!

‎Canvas Parent on the App Store 

Surveyor

Thanks, my Calendar works on the mobile app now! Still doesn't have submitted assignments crossed out. Neither on the web. Also, on the "Week" view it's wonky because all her teachers make assignments due at 11:59pm. I think I'll have to use the Agenda view.

Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open for Conversation

As a parent and teacher and school leader, having the students' assignments crossed out on the parent calendar is crucial. Having to ask a student if they have turned in each assignment is an unnecessary communication hurdle. I understand that it isn't the parents who turned in the assignment--but that seems to be an absurd premise--parents can't turn in assignments anyway.

The issues seems to be whether they are observing their child or whether they are observing the class.  Clearly we need parents to be able to observe the child.