[New Quizzes] New Quizzes Assignment Outcome Analysis Report Filter by Section

Role: Instructor

Idea: The outcome analysis report currently combines all students in a single instructor's class into one document in the outcome analysis report. It would be helpful for teachers analyzing assessment data across multiple sections if the data in this report could be filtered by section. 

Something akin to a gradebook sort function would apply here (programatically, it's the same the same logic).

Justification: While looking at the gradebook is great for a quick snapshot of student performance on various assessments, it lends little insight as to where their strengths and weaknesses lie. The ability to sort the outcomes analysis report by section will better allow instructors meet students where they are cognitively, leading to less wasted time in the classroom and while discussing performance data in professional learning communities. 

Added to Theme

12 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks for sharing this idea, @jfleischauer . Would you confirm that the request is directed at the outcomes analysis report described in  How do I view reports for an assessment in New Qui... 

jfleischauer
Community Member

Yes, this is directed at the outcomes analysis report. 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks, @jfleischauer . We've added New Quizzes to the idea title for clarity.

dbruns
Community Explorer

This is something my teachers are looking for as well. They want to be able to break their data down further to see if one hour did better than another.

jim_shaffer1
Community Explorer

I'm looking for the ability to have a quiz report separate scores for the different sections of the quiz, and if possible, align those to outcomes.

We give a weekly vocabulary quiz that assesses synonyms, antonyms, definitions, and sentences.  Those questions are pulled from question banks aligned to outcomes and those outcomes are on the scoring rubric for the assignment.   What I would like to see is a world where Canvas scores those separate sections and tracks the progress on the outcomes each week.

I'd also like to see the score broken out by category so that students can easily track their weekly progress on each outcome. without scrolling through the quiz and counting the number of questions that they missed in each one. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

mcpstech
Community Member

With the deprecation of Classic Quizzes, we would like to be able to use outcomes with new quizzes to track progress and be able to pull raw data. 

We also would love the ability to export the Outcome Analysis Report for New Quizzes and filter between cross-listed classes. There is no way to export that report other than scrolling over and down. That is very burdensome for the teacher and administrator. 

With standards-based/competency based grading, this feature would be very helpful!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New