[Mobile - Canvas Student] Canvas Student messages: Swipe to delete, select multiple

For the mobile app, I’d like to request swipe gestures such as deleting, archiving, or flagging inbox messages, or additional tasks that might be relevant on other pages.

Comments from Instructure

This feature was made available for Android with the release of Canvas Student 6.23

6 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

LyricStrickland
Community Novice

I feel like there should be an option to be able to delete multiple messages at once. i use my phone for canvas only because it’s easier that way and i keep all my messages throughout the semester in case i need to look back on something and now i have to go and delete hundreds of messages one by one. It would be so convenient to be able to delete multiple messages at once. (like you do in your emails)

Hildi_Pardo
Community Champion

On the Canvas Student App iOS, there is no way to select multiple inbox messages and delete them.

They have to be done one by one.

Can this experience be improved, please?

Here is the Canvas Guide currently nothing is mentioned about deleting messages.  But an improvement would be to be able to click several to delete at once.

cbb22
Community Member

I like these ideas too! The email function of Canvas feels like it could be far more robust than it currently is.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme